Dan Kingsbury, DDS
Listen, Learn, Share and Act
My Core Values:
4. Future/Creative Thinking
5. Team Work/Harmony
Dr. Dan Kingsbury practised dentistry for 20 years before a significant visual disability led to an early retirement. Re-inventing himself, he developed an online continuing education course for dentists on the business-side of dentistry, and co-founded the Dental Coaches Association.
Realizing that real environmental change has to begin with the children, Dan wrote a learning resource on environmental stewardship for grades 6-12, became a Suzuki Elder* and created the Green Angel Training Program, inspired by Lindsay Coulter, the David Suzuki Foundation’s “Queen of Green.”
Dan’s focus as a life coach is sustainability, green dentistry and dental practice management.
*Who are the Suzuki Elders?
Elders are one source of society's collective memory and we have a responsibility to share this in our words and actions as Suzuki Elders:
- We draw upon our lived experiences to tell our stories
- We consider how our work serves present and future generations, particularly the young
- We champion the wise use and conservation of Earth's natural gifts and resources
- We apply commonly accepted principles of sustainability and social justice
- We use a realistic, positive framework